Good Governance in Cybersecurity in the Western Balkans
Themes & Topics
The project will support cybersecurity policy making in Western Balkan economies that is more inclusive and collaborative and aims to contribute to a comprehensive cybersecurity approach in the Western Balkans.
The project aims to contribute to a cybersecurity in the Western Balkans that not only protects the Western Balkan economies and its European neighbours but is also more responsive to the security needs of all its citizens. It also aims to contribute to informing national and regional cybersecurity policy discussions.
DCAF promotes effective and accountable cybersecurity governance and cybersecurity policy-making, which involves state, the private sector, the technical community, and civil society representatives. The Cybersecurity Governance Programme implements projects that focus on improving cybersecurity law and policies, increasing the capacities of cybersecurity actors, and strengthening accountability in cybersecurity.
- More inclusive and collaborative cybersecurity policy making in Western Balkan economies
- Improve the capacity of the public cybersecurity institutions in Western Balkan economies and their capacity to mitigate cybersecurity threats
- The project will support national institutions in charge of training public sector staff and national CERTs and establish strategic plans to increase the cyber hygiene of the general public, critical infrastructure and public sector staff. The development of capacity building plans for CERT-like structures working on securing key ministries will contribute to improved protection of networks.
- The creation of a network of researchers that will in particular highlight issues around gender and cybersecurity and the cybersecurity needs of vulnerable groups and– topics so far absent from national discussions
- Development of quality gender sensitive research that national cybersecurity policies in the Western Balkans economies
- National cybersecurity governance assessment reports for the six Western Balkan economies
- Regional Western Balkan Cybersecurity Research Network and Cybersecurity Summer School
- Capacity Development Plans for Three National CERTs (Bosnia- Herzegovina, Kosovo, Albania)
- Capacity Development Plans for Ministry or Sector Specific Cybersecurity Incident Response Capacities
- Action Plans on Public Sector Staff Cyber Hygiene for Civil Servants in Western Balkan Economies
- Three Annual High-level Regional Conferences, 2021 – 2024
- National Multi-Stakeholder Meetings In 6 Western Balkan Economies
- Tailored Training for National CERTs of Albania, Kosovo and Bosnia-Herzegovina
- Participation of Western Balkan National CERTs in International Trainings and Conferences
- Six Technical Colloquia for Western Balkan CERTs
- Support to National Institutions in the Western Balkans on Public Awareness Raising Campaigns on Cybersecurity
Further details on project activities are detailed in the project factsheet resource
The Cybil project repository is being continuously updated, and the information it contains is either publicly available, or consent for publication was given by the owner. Please contact the portal manager with any additional information or corrections. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to keep the content of this inventory accurate and up to date, no warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in these pages.