Cybersecurity Capacity Maturity Report for Countries in SADC (based on CMM& GCI)
GFCE Code: G0722
From: Mar 2021
To: Sep 2021
Themes & Topics
- Cyber Security Policy and Strategy
- National Assessments
- Cyber Incident Management & Critical Information Protection
- National Computer Security Incident Response
- Incident Capture and Analytics
- Cyber Security Exercises
- Critical Information Infrastructure Protection
- Cybercrime Training
- Law Enforcement in Cyberspace
- Cybercrime Prevention
- Legal Frameworks / Cybercrime Law
- Cyber Security Culture & Skills
- Cyber Security Awareness
- Education and Training
- Workforce Development
- Cyber Security Standards
To evaluate the cybersecurity status of each of the sixteen countries in the Southern African Development Community as a region and ascertain their cybersecurity capacity maturity in light of emerging cyber risks, threats and vulnerabilities.
Part of the project ‘Cybersecurity Capacity Centre for Southern Africa (C3SA)‘.
The study will use the Cybersecurity Capacity Maturity Model for Nations (CMM), which serves as a benchmarking tool to objectively evaluate the status of cybersecurity, according to five dimensions of the model. The dimensions are:
- Dimension 1: Cybersecurity Policy and Strategy
- Dimension 2: Cybersecurity Culture and Society
- Dimension 3: Building Cybersecurity Knowledge and Capabilities
- Dimension 4: Legal and Regulatory Frameworks
- Dimension 5: Standards and Technologies
Such granular assessment of cybersecurity capacity allows the report to make specific policy recommendations for the different aspects of the model with the aim that countries can take the necessary steps to increase the scale and effectiveness of cybersecurity capacity-building. For most of the countries the SADC region, this will be the first cybersecurity maturity assessment and it will be valuable in informing national cybersecurity strategies and policy priorities. The study will use reports from CMM reviews, the latest International Telecommunication Union Global Cybersecurity Index (GCI), the recently released World Development Report 2021 and various other sources.
The Cybil project repository is being continuously updated, and the information it contains is either publicly available, or consent for publication was given by the owner. Please contact the portal manager with any additional information or corrections. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to keep the content of this inventory accurate and up to date, no warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in these pages.