EU CyberNet LAC4 – Latin America and Caribbean Cyber Competence Centre
Cybil code: G0850
From: Feb 2022
To: Aug 2025
Themes & Topics
LAC4 is a regional cybersecurity competence centre supported by EU CyberNet, with a physical facility in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic. LAC4 offers trainings and consultations for the whole LAC region, covering incident response, strategy implementation, national risk assessments, exercises and more. The centre was officially opened in 2022.
EU CyberNet is providing enduring lead support to the establishment and operationalisation of the regional training centre LAC4, that serves as a focal point for sharing EU’s collective expertise, building up local capacity, facilitating collaboration on joint projects and actions, and promoting the benefits of an open, free and inclusive cyberspace.
The Centre focuses its activities on cybersecurity, cybercrime and digital security, including security aspects of digital society and digital ecosystems. The principle target groups for the Centre’s training activities are national cybersecurity organisations and critical information infrastructure operators in both public and private sectors. The LAC4 offers trainings both at strategic/policy and technical levels.
Latin America and Caribbean Cyber Competence Centre LAC4 is implemented by EU CyberNet and funded by the European Union, established in 2022 with the physical training facility in Santo Domingo, the Dominican Republic.
LAC4 is a:
- state-of-the-art hybrid training facility, digital forensics lab and cyber range;
- capacity to develop and provide technical, policy and strategic level courses and simulation;
- platform for doctrine development and research coordination;
- channel to cyber capacity building projects, training modules and materials developed in the EU.
The LAC4 trainings will address:
- cybersecurity awareness;
- cyber emergency management and crisis response;
- National Cybersecurity Strategies’ implementation;
- nation-wide cyber risk assessment;
- information security; and
- cybersecurity exercises.
Planned activities include national and regional seminars (online and in-person) based on train-the-trainer principles, consultations, conferences and exercises.
As of June 2022, the LAC4 has conducted the following activities:
- May 2022 – Inaugural Conference of the Latin America and Caribbean Cyber Competence Centre (LAC4)
- May 2022 – Cybersecurity Awareness seminar for diplomats in the Dominican Republic
- May 2022 – National Cybersecurity Strategy Implementation Seminar for the Dominican Republic
- May 2022 – Training Course on “Information Security for CISOs” in the Dominican Republic
- April 2022 – Signing of the Memorandum of Understanding with Ecuador to support LAC4 sub-regional activities
- April 2022 – Regional training for 8 countries on Cyber Crisis Management procedures and practices
- April 2022 – Support for Guyana in developing and testing a national cyber preparedness and response plan
- March 2022 – International introductory workshop for Dominican Republic, Haiti and Jamaica on cybercrime in the fields of human trafficking, arms running and narcotic substances
- March 2022 – Cyber awareness raising seminars in Uruguay
- Jan 2022 – LAC4 scoping visit to Ecuador
- Jan 2022 – Regional training on “Designing and Executing Cybersecurity Exercises”
- July 2021 – Executive Cybersecurity and Digital Society Seminar
Main website link
Other website links
The Cybil project repository is being continuously updated, and the information it contains is either publicly available, or consent for publication was given by the owner. Please contact the portal manager with any additional information or corrections. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to keep the content of this inventory accurate and up to date, no warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in these pages.