Cybersecurity Innovation Council Project
Cybil code: G0858
From: Aug 2019
To: Jul 2023
Themes & Topics
The project will support the creation of Cybersecurity Innovation Councils (CICs) to facilitate informal consultation and dialogue between key actors in digital security.
The project aims to drive innovation, raise awareness, and expand best practices in cybersecurity across Latin America via the creation of Cybersecurity Innovation Councils (CICs). The CICs will serve as a mechanism to facilitate informal consultation and dialogue between key actors in digital security. CICs will also discuss good practices in the field of promoting innovation, raising awareness among citizens, and disseminating best practices in cybersecurity in the region.
Through policy development and awareness raising the cybersecurity innovation councils focus on driving innovation, raising awareness, and expanding best practices in cybersecurity across Latin America.
The intended outcomes are:
- Cybersecurity capabilities in the region are strengthened by financing 10 innovative cybersecurity projects.
- A political agenda regarding emerging technologies cybersecurity management and cybersecurity workforce development advanced.
- Cybersecurity skills from the Americas are improved by the training of over 8,000 citizens in the region.
The intended outputs are:
- Cybersecurity Innovation Councils in Chile, Colombia, and Mexico. CIC meetings will discuss different topics ranging from the state of cybersecurity in LA, the risk management in the adoption of emerging technologies and the cybersecurity workforce development.
- Innovation fund: a basket fund of $250k to fund innovative projects regarding cybersecurity
- 2 MOOCs launched: cybersecurity essentials and fundamentals of cybersecurity that trained over 8,000 in the region.
Activities will include:
- Creation of Cybersecurity Innovation Councils (“CIC”): The CICs will serve as a mechanism to facilitate informal consultation and dialogue between key actors in digital CICs will also discuss good practices in the field of promoting innovation, raising awareness among citizens, and disseminating best practices in cybersecurity in the region.
- National and regional CIC meetings: Each national workshop shall bring together different stakeholders from the public sector, private sector, academia, non-governmental organizations, and the technology sector to discuss the best way to promote innovation, raise awareness among citizens and disseminate best practices in cybersecurity in the four Initial Countries. Also, the Parties shall host networking events in each national workshop to support ongoing communications, sharing of CIC ideas, and for community
- A communication campaign: GS/OAS and CISCO will promote the CICs via traditional and social media and participate in joint marketing and communications of all CIC events in each of the four Initial Countries. Specifically: Joint press releases, social media campaigns, a dedicated website, etc.
- Activities aimed at youth and other stakeholders: The Parties will assess future projects that they may jointly develop as a response to the national cybersecurity concerns raised during the national workshops
The Cybil project repository is being continuously updated, and the information it contains is either publicly available, or consent for publication was given by the owner. Please contact the portal manager with any additional information or corrections. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to keep the content of this inventory accurate and up to date, no warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in these pages.