Consultancy service to undertake a detailed pre-investments study for the Lesotho E-Government Infrastructure Project
GFCE Code: G0693
From: Oct 2015
To: Nov 2016
Themes & Topics
The main objectives of the project were the following:
– Review the technology choices proposed for the upgrading of the government fibre network connecting ministries and data centres; strengthening of Data Centres (DCs); government E-Portal platform; and training equipment and video conference facilities.
– Undertake a detailed project design and specifications of the entire upgraded core government network infrastructure; security requirements, renovations and equipment (IT and power) for the three data centres, national government e-Portal platform connecting all ministries and required renovations, furniture and equipment for the training labs and video conference facilities.
– Prepare bid documents including Request for Proposals (RPFs) and draft contracts for the downstream consultancy services as per the project procurement plan.
The key activities of the project were:
– Strengthening of core government controlled fibre network infrastructure which required optimizing an existing metropolitan fibre network linking ministries and the data centres, improving bandwidth access to submarine cable systems for e-Government services, and extending ICT coverage to four selected rural areas under the Universal Access Program.
– Strengthening of existing data centres which included equipment and software upgrades, as well as improvement in the operations of the data centre.
– Improvement of a Government portal providing access to government services for the benefit of all citizens.
– Skills development program to and support access to government services.
The Cybil project repository is being continuously updated, and the information it contains is either publicly available, or consent for publication was given by the owner. Please contact the portal manager with any additional information or corrections. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to keep the content of this inventory accurate and up to date, no warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in these pages.