Modernisation of Government Services in the Republic of Moldova
Cybil code: G0842
From: Jan 2018
To: Dec 2023
Themes & Topics
The project will strengthen the cyber security of improved Government digital services in Moldova through support to standards, policies, procedures, staff training and public awareness campaigns.
The aim of subcomponent 2.3 of the Modernisation of Government Services in the Republic of Moldova (P148537) is to support the successful implementation of improved Government digital services through a Government-wide standardized approach to full-cycle IT management. The objectives of this subcomponent are to develop Government IT management and cloud security processes and standards and implement them across the Government, including capacity building. A cyber security awareness program for citizens will be developed as well.
The development objective of Modernization of Government Services Project for Moldova (P148537) is to improve access, efficiency, and quality of delivery of selected government administrative services.
This project has four components:
- Administrative Service Modernization
- Digital Platform and Services.
- Service Delivery Model Implementation
- Project Management
Component 2 – Digital Platform and Services – supports the digitization of selected reengineered administrative services, complete and strengthen a common infrastructure and mechanisms for rapid deployment of ICT-enabled administrative services, and introduce Government-wide IT management and cyber security standards and procedures. By the end of the project, under this component, at least 21 Government services will be digitized; all intended upgrades to existing digital platforms will be completed; and IT Management and Cyber Security Standards will be developed, institutionalized, and mainstreamed throughout the Government. Implementation of the digital platform and services will be guided by the principles of open data.
The outputs from the project will include:
- cloud cyber security standards
- a strategy and action plan for managing mobile devices and mobile data in the Government;
- an e-learning module on cyber security for Government employees;
- a citizen awareness program on cyber security.
The activities under Component 2, subcomponent 2.3, included:
- development of cloud cyber security standards and procedures;
- development of a strategy and action plan for management of mobile devices and mobile data in the Government;
- development of an e-learning module on cyber security for Government employees;
- introduction of a citizen awareness program on cyber security;
- strengthening Government capability to ensure proper cyber security of the cloud and mobile devices used in Government.
Value budgeted value for subcomponent 2.3 of the project was $0.9m.
Main website link
The Cybil project repository is being continuously updated, and the information it contains is either publicly available, or consent for publication was given by the owner. Please contact the portal manager with any additional information or corrections. Whilst every reasonable effort is made to keep the content of this inventory accurate and up to date, no warranty or representation of any kind, express or implied, is made in relation to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in these pages.